"...and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God...."- Eph. 5:2

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's Eat...@ the O.C. Fair!

Yes....every year..... the O.C. Fair........when we eat to our heart's desires and then I return to a month of working out and eating light while the husband rides his bike for like, one day and loses all the weight from eating such yummy treats at the annual Fair.....*sigh.....

This was our first year taking the BUS
to the fair! Such a great deal!
Pay $1.50 each way, get $2 admission to the
fair, get dropped off at the gate...
and spend the rest of your
 money on FOOD!!!!









I know you're thinking....um, where are the pictures of the food you ate? Honestly, fair food is.....ugly and messy.... but yummy. How are you supposed to take pictures if your fingers are preoccupied with fried oil dripping down from your zucchini curls? Don't worry....we had plenty. On our menu was: deep fried oreos, donut  sandwiches, BBQ corn, the zucchini curls, deep fried koolaid (ick!), maple bacon donuts and frozen bananas! I think we pretty much had one of everything at the table. That's the beauty of going to the fair with lots of friends. You get to try everything!

So did you go to the fair yet? What are you going to eat? Or, what did you eat?

On a random note....... my Nathan received a new little pocket sized Bible from one the stands at the fair. While us adults were finishing up our food, guess what he was doing? Reading Psalm 139 to his little buddy. Sometimes I wonder what or who the Lord has us raising...... Yesterday morning, Nate shared with me how he's been praying in the morning in bed before getting up. This was a suggestion he took to heart after guiltily admitting that instead of praying at night, he would fall asleep from exhaustion. I asked what he's been praying for and he responded with such a genuine answer that melted my heart and convicted me all at the same time: "I've been praying that I would focus on God more....you know...not get too carried away with stuff I want." Oh Lord.... this is a prayer I need to pray more often myself.

Alright...enough blabbing for now. Can you believe it's almost the end of July and I have already cracked open my lesson plan book? Ideas are piling up again.... new projects are being made for the new school year.... getting that inspiration again..... Don't worry, I haven't hung up my swimsuit yet. In fact, I'm actually blogging in my bikini! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment