"...and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God...."- Eph. 5:2

Friday, July 8, 2011

Looking back & looking ahead...

As you all know, I teach third grade at a school where the classrooms are structured in pods. I always get the usual confused look when I try to explain what a "pod" is. So I took some pictures of my classroom back in May during our Open House. It might explain what an open pod classroom is or it might just confuse you more.

My classroom is one of the inspiration pieces in my life. My home is my first blank canvas but next would be my classroom. I figure it's practically my second home so I should make it a place where I feel at home. So here's my second home:


Puffins drawn by the kids: Part of the fun in teaching is
connecting our literature to art and science. Here we did
an observational drawing of a puffin, learned about their
body parts and read a story about their habitats in Iceland.

On the other side of this wall is another classroom. Yup... we
can hear each other's kids. Distracting? Sometimes, but for
the most part, you get used to it.


Our classroom entrance area: the kids hang their
jackets here. This was tricky this past year with
21 boys and only 9 girls. 








BUSY night!


I came home, changed, munched on junk food & read Nathan's
journals from his Open House since I didn't get to go to his
while I was hosting mine. 



So....there you have it.... my second home..... one of my passions in life..... in a nutshell....
*Sigh....so glad it's summer....




No comments:

Post a Comment